Certified Practicing Conveyancers
The Australian Institute of Conveyancers NSW Division conducts a program known as the CPC Program which is a quality standard designed to give consumers the ability to distinguish those licensed conveyancers providing a high standard of service and employing quality conveyancing practices in an increasingly crowded and confusing market.
CPC accreditation provides an approved member with a level of credibility with other conveyancers, legal practitioners, lenders, brokers, insurers and consumers based upon that member’s:
- Adherence to good practice management standards
- Adherence to prudent and efficient conveyancing procedures through the CPC program protocol
- Increased standard of service
- Increased levels of knowledge and experience
The CPC Logo
The purpose of the CPC logo is to give consumers an instantly recognisable quality mark highlighting a conveyancer's professional excellence and their commitment to providing a high quality service; to assure potential clients that the conveyancer they choose has the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience and to boost public awareness of the need to choose their conveyancer carefully.
To be CPC accredited the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
A CPC is then required to keep abreast of changes to legislation and conveyancing procedures by obtaining CPC points through attendance at seminars and other activities conducted by the Australian Institute of Conveyancers NSW Division and other providers of continuing legal education as defined in the CPC Guidelines.
Only members of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers can be accredited as a Certified Practising Conveyancing and use the post nominal 'CPC' after their name. CPC status in NSW is issued annually and must be applied for each year when renewing AICNSW membership.
- have held a Conveyancer's Licence for a minimum of 3 years (at least one of which is the 12 months immediately preceding the application)
- be a full financial member of AICNSW
- be properly insured at all times
- adhere to the AICNSW Code of Conduct
- adhere to the AICNSW CPC Protocol
- have obtained 8 CPC points during the 12 months immediately prior to application